Monday, February 16, 2009

Love Lost is Love Gained

At last, Fishie, I hear from you! I was wondering what happened to you. Glad to know that you are busy and enjoying your subjects! And dating your assignments! Who knows who will come along with those assignments! Until then, yes, I like that, Happy Singles' Day!

By the way, Brian, what is your blog address? I keyword searched Brother Bear and got a long list of Brother Bears but no Brian! I am quite curious to read your Valentine's Day blog!

Thank you for your compliment, Anonymous, and, hmmmmm..... . That's a difficult question you asked! I am not God, you know! I don't have all the answers! Just know a thing or two from some experience!

But, it is a good point that you raised. What happens when you love someone and that person loves someone else? Sigh! That's one of the worst things that could happen to you! But, that's reality isn't it?

Now, what was it that that ancient philosopher, Socrates said? "It is better to have loved and lost than not to have loved at all!"

We hope things work out the way we want to, but when they don't, then we should make some adjustments as we go along. If the one we love, loves another, I guess the best thing to do is to forget and move on. No point waiting for love that is lost. I think everyone knows that. But, the issue is how we move on.

Some look for a willing partner on the rebound. Others swing to the other extreme and swear never to love again. Most settle for the next good thing that comes along. And, why not? Second best is better than nothing at all!

The only problem is when you settle for second best, and then the really good happens -- then, you have to deal with complications. I guess that's reality: you have to deal -- as best as you can -- with the issues at hand to lessen the pain.

Heartbreak can kill all loving. But, we can't guard against heartbreak; we just have to learn how to deal with it in such a way that we are still able to love.

My Valentine's Day message to my students was to encourage them to seek good relationships so that hurt and pain are lessened. They are starting out and they need to know that good things are out there ahead of them. Yet, I am fully aware that reality can and will deal a heavy hand. In the midst of good, though, it would be easier to cope with the pains and struggles of life we call reality.

Ok, enough of philosophising! There's a lot of living to do!

I forgot to add a picture to my Valentine's Day message (still haven't had time to get a camera!). So, I got one online and have uploaded it here. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you. It means a lot :)

- _ - Brian - _ - BrotherBear - _ - BrotherHusky - _ - said...

My blog address is:

http://brianwoon.blogspot.com


Do come and have a look^^

- _ - Brian - _ - BrotherBear - _ - BrotherHusky - _ - said...

i duno if i'm free on that day...cuz my timetable is currently still crazy...some weeks gt classes on those hours...some weeks dun hv...I'll confirm with u as soon as i can^^

i might have a debate on that day..depending on mr krishnan, my critical reading and thinking lecturer...he chooses the groups for debates(assignment)