Friday, February 12, 2010

Pre-Valentine Break-Up

I just ended a longstanding relationship. I must have the world record for broken relationships! Too many break-ups! I stayed in this one too long. Like so many women all over the world, I stayed because I hoped things would get better. They didn't and, maybe, I didn't want to accept what the signs were indicating -- this is a not-going-anywhere relationship! But, I still believed. Blinded by hope! Well, it had to end. It was the right thing to do. No, I am ok. Sad, but ok!

I wish men would leave me alone. They give me all the attention I don't want and demand the same in return. And, when they don't get it, they get mean and nasty! But, I can't be flirting with every man! A friend once told me: "You know, Gertrude, you should just be every guy's girlfriend!" Indeed! Yet, his words ring true because that's all they want from me: be "girlfriendish"!

Unfortunately, I don't play their game. And, they can't take it. And, so, I end up being dismissed, maligned and branded as "The Snob" -- simply because they didn't get what they want from me!

All I want is good friendship. Why is it so hard for men to give that?

My best relationships were with married men. Maybe it's because they are secure and could make me comfortable -- until I found out what they were up to and that they were married! Of course, I put an end to those relationships, too.

For men, a single woman is an easy prey. They hit on her from all sides. She doesn't ask for all this attention. It comes uninvited. The men themselves may be married or with partners but that doesn't stop them from indulging, often secretly. And, when they are found out, they get nasty! So, I always know when a man has some interest in me -- when he gets nasty for no apparent reason!

There was a time when I was a neurotic mess because of all this.  But, I soon got used to it and saw it for what it really is: sexual harassment. They say they are just being men; I say it is sexual harassment!

Now, I am emotionally very stable. So, I keep everyone at arm's length! And, if that comes across as being a snob, so be it!

My Valentine's post will be on the lessons I learnt from relationships! Coming up next!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I totally understand how you feel Miss Getrude. =) Well , *sigh* kinda speechless at times but ... I'm trying to train my patients for guys now.. but wonder could it be long ? cause I just don't get it why Women have to be patient for men in most times... Hopefully I will succeed on this.

Esther

~KK~ said...

dun sad.. u will find a better 1..