Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Admirers Who Try In Vain!

I keep men at arm's length but that hasn't stopped them from trying their luck! Most of them didn't go far with me but three men were able to cut to the chase and get ahead! They succeeded because they treated me with respect and confidently eyeballed me and asked me out! They were good relationships which had to end for very good reasons. But we remain friends.

The rest, however, were just a nuisance! Most of them just couldn't take "no" for an answer. If a woman says "no" or doesn't respond to repeated advances, an intelligent man will know she is not interested and back off. A self-respecting man will back off and still treat you with respect. An idiot will keep trying and hit his head against the wall! The worst among the latter are those who notice you from a distance and want you to notice them noticing you but who will not go further than that.

For years they say "Hi" and "Bye" and do nothing else. Some of them are supposed to be men of integrity but they never act on their feelings but implied interest and communicated such to the people around them but did nothing to get close to the objects of their interest. I know some of these women. They waited for these men to make their move and waited. When nothing happened, they rightly ignored them and moved on. Worst still, some of these men walk around like wounded puppies -- as if they are the aggrieved parties when the truth is they never took the initiative to which the women could accept or reject. They assumed rejection when it never happened! I think all of these men need to go for counselling!

All of these types of men (with the exception of the three men who succeeded) know I am not their type but they try their luck with me. When you know I am not your type, why try your luck if not just to play games? To me that is sexual harassment. Of course, the few self-respecting ones who tried and failed don't give me a headache. They treat me with respect and leave me alone while maintaining cordially friendly relations. I wish all the others were like them.

I really am quite sick and tired of this. I am at a point in my life when I want good relationships. But, if I don't get it, I am very happy being the way I am. You know, it is better to be happily single than unhappily married!

2 comments:

Fishie said...

Miss, if there's a like button, i would press it. I agree on what you say in this post.

Day Dreamer said...

But if the intelligent man moves on and choses someone else, he would be labled as a playboy who likes many ppl...

if he was kept trying, other people would see him as loyal to 1 person..

crazy isnt it...?