Thursday, January 22, 2009

Engish or Not?

Hi, Brian! First week in the programme and stressed out already?! Boy, that must be one tough course! Sheena's major is English? I didn't know that. How is Kai Fu managing? Does he feel the same way, too?

Some of your terms are quite foreign to me -- semantic noise! By "comp" I guess you mean "competition"? And, what do you mean by "accent English"? You mean they speak perfect British English?

BTW, who was first in English scores here in PJ?

Since you are already a counsellor and are interested in Psychology, that might be a better field to go into. And, if your coursemates speak excellent English, why is that a problem for you? You speak and write good English yourself! One of the ways to improve is to mix with people who are as good if not better than yourself. If you can handle the competition, you end up being just as good if not better! But, if you can't handle the competition, then it is better for you to find alternatives.

Think carefully before you decide. But, I think you will make the right decision. Keep me posted!

2 comments:

- _ - Brian - _ - BrotherBear - _ - BrotherHusky - _ - said...

Kai Fu's skipping classes every now and then...he doesnt really like the course...his dad made him study it...he wants to do Business Admin... I want to do psychology.....but when i took up the topic with my dad...we practically had a shouting match...

Zhen Hui was number 1 in english back in foudation...followed by Sheena then me....

and yes,

thr are ppl in my class who can speak it perfectly...da list frm 1/2 da class has dropped to only 2 ppl...or so my linguistics lecturer says...she expects my group to get at least 2nd class honours...says we got potential...my group has 5ppl..including sheena.

Well this is abt it i think...am at home writting this...going back to kampar 2moro(saturday)

so gdbye for now^^

- _ - Brian - _ - BrotherBear - _ - BrotherHusky - _ - said...

Oh yeah..i decided to stay in english... my mum said i could try 1 sem n see how it goes...if i fail 1/2 n still hv no interest in the sub,i'll be moving to HELP uni where my cousin is currently studying psychology..or maybe i'll stay in UTAR...who knows... XD