Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Happy Christmas Opens Up Something New For The Future

Ha, two new friends have sent me Christmas greetings! Fishie and Zhen! Zhen, you must be the "Zhen" from TC1! My Christmas turned out to be a happy family affair, tinged oh! so slightly by the fact that the new friends I made this year didn't send me any Christmas greetings! Except for Fishie and Zhen. Well, folks? What's happening? Can't wish a gal a happy Christmas greeting?! Don't want to keep in touch?

And, O, Kimmie, yes, what a glaring mistake! And, in the headline, too! That was an error. I have corrected it. The word should be spelt as I have corrected it now. There is no "n" before the "m". As for the "hottie"? Hmmmm.... maybe he will reply!

While Christmas turned out to be a happy affair, a couple of things happend that will determine how I am going to welcome 2009.

First, I caught up on sleep -- or, still catching up! But, sitting through the Christmas service, trying not to doze off, somewhere at the end, a very clear thought came to my mind: I should affirm the relationships God is giving me. My mind immediately woke up. I thought to myself: You mean I don't affirm the relationships that come my way? I wondered about it.

The Sunday after, I was reading Starmag when a heading caught my attention: Suicide diaries. It was an article written by a former colleague, A. Asohan, in his column, Stray Thoughts. He wrote about depression and whether jailing someone -- particularly a 16-year-old who had attempted suicide -- was really the solution to the problem. He shared some of his own experiences of suffering from depression and concluded that "we've got to remove the stigma from mental health problems and realise that many people need professional help these days, and there's nothing wrong with seeing a psychologist or psychiartrist to get it".

I couldn't agree with him more and my mind went back to those dark distant days when I battled depression on my own ...... .

Tomorrow: That Final Goodbye and Hello, 2009, and Beyond

1 comment:

kimi fuan said...

I like the way you just shouted out to me, "O Kimmie. . . . . . ." That felt warm, and personal. Thanks for the hug!

And just want to say that while my Comment to your Christmas post has still yet to be posted out by me, I want to thank you for putting up FOUR posts in your December 2008 Blog which has motivated me alot throughout December 08! I am again trying not to exaggerate on how much I adore your Blog by now, but I have actually printed out(in colour, from the office printer!), your four fabulous posts in December and am going to paste them up in my bedroom!:)