Thursday, July 24, 2008

Closure

Now that I have got all that angst out of my system about Gabriels and Daniels, I feel much better! Then, going through my students' assignments, I came across one group's comments which finally settled the issue.

My students had to create an event for a press conference. One particular group decided to announce the launch of a new movie -- Impossible Is Possible. It featured a "tomboy" and a "sissy" who become an item and balance out each other's characters before they are accepted back into society.

What a refreshing view of people and relationships! Instead of expecting people to change, just go along with them and let the characters rub off on each other. The evolved characters would be exactly what I wanted -- people who changed.

The thing to note is that they changed in a relationship. Perhaps, that's the key: When we relate, something of each other rubs off to the other and we grow and change. In a close relationship, we often grow in the way that helps to build the other up.

All this simply tells me how important relationships are. I think it is the most important thing in life -- building relationships. A lot of things are achieved when we have good relationships -- with parents, siblings, relatives, friends, colleagues, neighbours, the public ... my students! Things begin to move, and, always for the better!

Thank you Brian, Ragy and Kai Fu for the depth of your perceptions about relationships! I think you are all better at it than I am!

Well -- thanks to you -- my issues with Daniels and Gabriels are now ended, and they won't be revisited. It is the close of a chapter in my life. I am moving on . . . !

1 comment:

- _ - Brian - _ - BrotherBear - _ - BrotherHusky - _ - said...

Hahaha~~~
We arent better than u in any sense..
You've got more years of experience then we have..
We're just expressing what we feel, without really knowing the true meaning of what we r doing. That is how I as a young adult think anyway...