Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Memorable Dark Knight


Yes, I got to see the latest Batman movie -- The Dark Knight. And, I enjoyed it immensely!

I enjoy movies. I like the larger-than-life experience. And, Batman packed the two-and-a-half hours of viewing with the right measure of excitement and thrill. It is one of those very few movies I watched which I didn't want to end. I wished the movie had just gone on and on!

The script was great and it was visually stimulating and thoroughly entertaining. No doubt, it had an overdose of violence, but in the context of the Joker's compassless morals, it seemed totally relevant. And, yes, the Joker's portrayal overshadowed Batman, but in a way that, too, was relevant as it showed that unbridled evil does not need an equivalent good to check it. Runaway evil can be checked by good -- even when it is unmatched as in this case.

Batman's good was paled by the Joker's senseless rage. But, in the end, it was enough to stop the evil Joker.

It really is a must-see movie. It is a well put together plot tracing evil vs good, within the social landscape of romance, political intrigue, public service, family ties, loyalty to colleagues, human weakness and betrayal.

My friend and I made an outing out of it. We met up for coffee and cupcakes at Cupcakes Chic at the Curve, followed by the movie, which was followed by a lovely dinner at Marche. The movie was great, the company was great, the ambience was great, and so was the food!

The pictures are of us next to the huge Batman poster which was dominated by the Joker.

1 comment:

kimi fuan said...

Liar! And you said you couldn't do movie reviews!

This is probably one of the best movie reviews I've read in a while, my dear! Simple, to the point and not too "overdone" with its decorative, fancy descriptions!

ps: I like the pic alot!;-)